No announcement yet.
X

problems with kat "vacume leak"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am having the same problem as well :/ ...i tried to drive the bike yesterday, an i can only use first gear so to have enough power,but the bike goes like a scooter no power at all....i try play around with the ADJUSTER but when i am in idle and i pitch the throttle it goes first over 6000rpm and then drops down to 1000 and finally the engine dies!!!i hope is nothing serious and can fix it my self :/

Comment

@ jasonleahey: Another place to look for a vacuum leak is the airbox drain. If that's not capped off or there's a hole worn in the (original) drain hose then you're looking at a pretty big vacuum leak.

When did this problem start? After you worked on something, when you were putting down the road or did the bike come this way?

@ akizadepower: Sounds like you've got a clogged idle circuit. Clean those bad boys before you do anything else. If you try adjusting around dirty carbs you're just wasting your time.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Wild-Bill i hope that will be the problem and doesn't have to do with the pistons...Monday morning i see my self taking the bike to a garage so an engineer can have a look at it, cause i don't have the proper equipment and space to do it my self!!!

Comment

ran fine last year ... went to start it this and its been runnin like crap ....

Comment

jasonleahey try to mix the old fuel with some new,maybe it will do the difference!!!!

Comment

emptied the tank when i got the new petcock and got fresh fuel

Comment

Originally posted by jasonleahey View Post
                ran fine last year ... went to start it this and its been runnin like crap ....
                You're not going to like this but I'd suggest you tear those carbs apart and clean them again. Make sure the floats are seated all the way when you check the float levels and set all the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out. When you re-assemble the carbs on the rails make sure the springs in the linkage are on the right sides of the tabs on the linkages. Flip the carbs upside down and blow into one of the fuel hoses while holding your finger over the end of the other one. You shouldn't be able to blow any air in there. Bench sync the carbs again and be sure the airbox boots are all the way on the carb intakes BEFORE you install them on the engine.

Oh, check to make sure the airbox boots are sealed to the airbox, too. If they're loose then take them off the airbox, clean the old RTV out of the grooves and re-seal them to the airbox.

All that, along with replacing the bowl gaskets and the o-rings between the intake boots and the head should take care of any leaks.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ok .. the fuel line your talkin about ... there is the fuel line on the bottom and 2 on top which do i blow in and which do i hold ?

also got all new o rings in and installed made no difference

Comment

Working...
                  X