No announcement yet.
X

Did the Carb monster just bite me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-The situation kind of just became what it is... I failed to heed the advice of Krey by checking the carbs before putting them back on the first time. I had the ERC course scheduled for last saturday, but was on a military TDY until friday night, so i dropped off the bike to have them take care of it while i was gone. Ended up being able to transfer into this weekends class, and the bike has stayed there the whole time.
    -The little rubber gaskets are what dry rotted, and they didn't want to pull them all out in the first place, because i told them i was in a rush to have the bike for the class.
    -If this doesn't fix it (should be done tomorrow) I will definitely look you up Arsenic. My bill is currently only at around $130 or so, as most of the time they have been waiting for gaskets i guess.

you can hear the violins in the background, can't you....
    -Giaco
    '81 CM400C,
    '99 GSXF 750

Comment

what little rubber gaskets?

Comment

Bowl gaskets? I'd think they'd have o-rings in stock or at least know how to get to the nearest Fastenal shop.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          what little rubber gaskets?
          it started with the bowl gaskets, which they had to order from suzuki, because they said they couldn't get them anywhere else. Then today when i showed up to go buck-nutty on them, they showed me a small, about 1/4 in diameter rubber washer, that looked like it would fit around a jet screw. It was completely eaten away and dry rotted.
          -Giaco
          '81 CM400C,
          '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Why are they wasting your time, tell them to replace all the damn o-rings and just get it done. Its about $100 in parts, there is even a list on here with all the part #'s if you do a search.
            89 Katana 750
            06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Finally!

Total came out to $200. Despite the irritation, it is worth it! Bike runs like a top, smooth as all get out. Thanks everyone for the advice along the way.
              -Giaco
              '81 CM400C,
              '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
              X