X

99 600 running rough.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
    Can the boot or wire be repaired without coil replacement?

Yes... boot just screws onto the wire. If it's just the tip of the wire/connection, just cut 1/2" off and screw the boot back on nice and tight.

If it's further up or you don't have enough wire to clip, it is possible to just get new wire and attatch to the coil. There is a clip that holds it in on the coil. Be very careful, it will want to break if it's too old/heat cycled. If it does break, then some RTV can be used to help secure it in place.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you Krey.

If I have to buy the wires where can I get them cause everywhere i've looked online doesn't show the wires seperate?

Comment

Dyna Wires
        You want 7mm solid copper core wire. Email them to get the part number. And you do not want a 90 degree boot either.I don't remember how many degrees the other boot is, but they have two. 90 degrees and something else. You want the something else.
        Last edited by arsenic; 04-10-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I may have found part of th problem but I don't want to jinx myself till I get to actually ride it.

My #3 carb float had the tab flat so it seems as if it wasn't opening properly. Did a small adjustment and put it back together and it sounded much better but it was so late that I didn't get to ride it. I think after another sync it should be good.

I also fixed that wire which also made a difference.

Thanks guys and I hope its fixed, I'll know tonight when I get home *fingers crossed*

Comment

Tons better but still feels a bit fuel starved at times. I set the a/f screws to 2 3/4 but I don't want to mess with those anymore till I get the sync done again, hopefully this weekend.

It has a K&N and i'm wondering if maybe it would be better with a stock filter instead?

Comment

the K&N will give you ****. toss it away and buy stock. yes. from what I read generally constant velocity carbs wont run good with those because the are dependent on some back pressure
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks

I also read some bad things about using the K&N.

Comment

Working...
                  X