X

Lift/Stand options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift/Stand options

I am going to replace my own chain on my Kat & my bike does not have a center stand. What is a good way to get he bike lifted so I can do this? I have a regular automotive floor jack I have used to lube the chain but I think I need something better to actualy take the wheel off. I was thinking maybe buy a swing arm stand. Any suggestions or types? Are cheap ones ok? I would not use it much so I don't want to spend tons, but I don't want the bike falling over in my garage either.

Thanks

Yes swing arm stand is the way to go.
    find a local dealership that is a Parts Unlimited dealer and buy their Parts unlimited rear stand.
    ECONO STANDS $55
    you will also need the under swing arm adapters, they come with spool adapters so you need to buy the underswing arm ones. $18

I have two rear stands and a front stand from them. better then my vortex stand and 1/2 the price.

another option is the Harbor Freigh rear stand... even cheaper but I have not persoanlly tested them. Ive heard they are a great deal and very strong
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks. I did not even think of Harbor Freight. Might check that out. Do you need anything extra if you get a front stand or just the stand?

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
        From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
        this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nope just the stands for the front... universal under fork lift... ok for removing front wheel and brakes etc.

Im pretty sure the Harbor Freight ones come with a spool set up and you need to buy the under swing arm pieces to.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
          X