No announcement yet.
X

Why did the PO do this? Fuel question..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the PO do this? Fuel question..

Hey guys...bought a non-running 1990 Kat 750. Took off the gas tank to get to the carbs.

His fuel lines were set up much differently than my 92 600.

He plugged up the vaccuum line on the carb with a rubber piece. Also had a small rubber hose from the petcock vaccuum connected to nothing.
    Then had two direct fuel lines (one had a filter) from each side of the petcock to the carbs.

When I picked up the bike it was on Prime. Do you think he was just leaving it on prime and running it like that because there was no vaccuum from the carbs?

Any reason why he did this? (Havent tore the carbs apart yet, but it might have a jet kit if that matters)

Thanks guys...

Possibly the diaphragm in the petcock is shot so you just run it on prime

Comment

Originally posted by Calaviator View Post
      Possibly the diaphragm in the petcock is shot so you just run it on prime

Possible this....

Or he just didn't know what he was doing and couldn't figure out the vacuum line hook up right so that the petcock would function.

If no gas in the oil, that means at the least your carb float needles are seating well.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Possible this....

Or he just didn't know what he was doing and couldn't figure out the vacuum line hook up right so that the petcock would function.

If no gas in the oil, that means at the least your carb float needles are seating well.

Krey

Alrighty, I plan on draining the oil beforehand anyways. I will definitely check, but Im tearing the carbs apart anyways. There was no oil/ fuel in the airbox. Is that a good sign?
        I also have a spare petcock so good thing!

Comment

Working...
        X