X

Fuel issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel issue

I need some help with my Kat, very aggravated here.

I've brought my '06 750 Kat to my local Suzuki dealership 4 times in the last 8 months or so with water in the tank. They kept claiming Ethanol which I understand is an issue but I did my OWN research and discovered that the vent hole that i guess runs through the tank was clogged and I think that caused water to sit around the rubber seal and wear it down just enough to cause water to get in there.

That being said, the 4th time I brought it in, they took the tank off and dried it out, new plugs, clean carbs, yada yada. I manage to run a whole tank of gas out of it with no problem.

Came home from work on the second tank and it dies but this time much more abrupt. I turn the knob to "PRI" and it starts right up. Turn it to "On" and it will run a mile or two and die.

Is it possible that I have such a bad gas cap, either through the rubber seal, or the innards of the cap itself, that I'm not getting a vaccuum??

I'd like to add I've had this Kat 4 years, first and only owner and I love it, this is the only issue I've had with this bike and it seems so simple, it just won't go away!

I would say the vacuum hose from/to the petcock have come loose, that would make it run on PRI but not in the ON position...
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

+1
      The gas tank cap has nothing to do with the vacuum line going to the petcock. They're not connected.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
      X