No announcement yet.
X

carbs?? please help.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except suck in every possible containment in the air that the air filter is supposed to catch, that it will do.

Comment

Rubber band shop towels over the intakes and try again.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok so i found a set of fairly cheap 750 carbs. can i put them on my 600 or do i gotta go tearing he insides apart and changing things? or will they even fit?

Comment

That is not a good idea. The 750 carbs are 36mm the 600's are 33mm. You're gonna run super rich.

Comment

Try soaking the carbs for a few days? Sometimes if they have been sitting for a while a pre soak will break loose the gunk.

Comment

Originally posted by gagemonster View Post
              i am so lost!!! i just bought a 90 suzuki katana 600 for my lil brother cuz him riding my crazy modified cbr scares the crap outta me. he knows what hes doing but still.. so i got this bike non running and kinda in peices. i got the bike to run after cleaning the carbs to the best of my ability. we took it out and it ran ok all the way up to well over a hundred, then it would just die after a few miles. we started it and it drove ok again for about ten miles then die. i took it apart again and it wont idle below 3k and now for some reason it just idles crazy high all a sudden. it has no airbox. havent got it yet. has fresh gas and plugs, new fuel filters and petcock. i know nothing about carbs so any help would be great, i read the carb 101 post on here, helped a bunch. or if anyone wants to sell me a cheap set of ok carbs that would be cool to. the screws on the bottom are out 1.5 turns.
              First thing, u shouldnt be running the bike without an air box or air cleaner
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
              X