X

Choke Cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke Cable

From what i read when i replace my choke cable im supposed to follow the same routing as the old one. Problem is my guy that cleaned out the carbs took out the choke cable.... Could anyone guide this noob in the right direction !

Originally posted by Heineken View Post
    From what i read when i replace my choke cable im supposed to follow the same routing as the old one. Problem is my guy that cleaned out the carbs took out the choke cable.... Could anyone guide this noob in the right direction !

From the bar go between the closest fork, and the frame, through the cable guide (square round wire bracket welded to frame on either side) across the top of the engine, no the left side of the breather cover.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks ill let you know how it goes

Comment

Dude took your choke cable?

WTF?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah right lol, i took off the little casting and i was like ehhh ? im pretty sure theres supposed to be a wire in here.

Comment

I changed my choke cable recently on an 02 750 Kat and made these for reference.
            Step 1. pic slide carb end of cable metal sleeve through hole #1, attach barrel at end at #2 (on your bike note cutaway for cable to slide through on bottom of 2 to position barrel).

Step 2 pic route cable from hole #1 across top of valve cover #3 towards #4 by going under the rubber hose (blue decal) and under the metal cross member. Continue to #5 by going over that cross member and out the hole that the clutch cable is going through.

Step 3 pic cable comes out through #6, turn cable up to #7 and continue to choke lever switch. Attach and done. Mine needed no adjustment for slack, but it is a good time to lubricate the slide points on the rail (Step 1 pic. # 1) for easy movement.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks exp that was a great outline to do the job, but! since i posted this i ran into some problems. I dont wanna make a new thread so hopefully people read this.

I have about a good amount of gas in the tank so i wanted to siphon it out before taking off the tank. Than i realized i have no idea where my only copy of my bike key is. Leading me to try and take my ignition to a locksmith so they could cut me a key. Where i found that one of the two bolts that hold the ignition in is really stripped.

SO

any good ways on getting astripped bolt out? Its partly covered in plastic so i cant get a vice grip. I searched the forums on the issues just wanna see if anyone has come up with any new ways haha ...beat

Comment

Working...
              X