alternater sprocket nut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternater sprocket nut

is it just a washer and nut or what? 93 600

i bought this bike and bolts/nuts are missing behind the clutch basket lol. this is the only one i'm not sure on. i did find a socket and broken parts sitting in the pan after the old owner "fixed it"

I'm not sure what your looking at but would recommend downloading the service manual or go to Ron Ayer's website and look at the parts fiche.
    Personally I'd be scared of what the PO got into and "fixed". You don't want to be blasting down the freeway when you find out what other nut or bolt was not installed or tightened.

Comment

If you are talking about the big nut that holds on the clutch basket, there is a locking flat washer behind it that you bend up over the nut when tightend.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

i have a manual but theres no break down of the alternater that shows the gear, but i did find a fiche and it's just a nut and washer #28 & 29. sometimes i forget all this info is on the net somewhere lol. thanks for the reminder.

this bike has been fun for sure but i enjoy a good challenge and you can just tell when someone that shouldn't touch stuff did. from rounded off bolt heads to rewiring with speaker wire, it's all good. they always leave a mark!!

Comment

Working...
        X