X

Need clutch torque specs asap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need clutch torque specs asap

the online manual is down for some reason, i need the clutch basket torque specs for the bolts that hld the springs in ASAP PLZ

thank you in advance

the torque specs for them are REALLY low. Unless you have a 1/4" torque wrench in in-lbs, you'll break the heads off. Just tighten them up and call it done.

Comment

for posts it is 12Nm. not much at all. i believe those are 6mm bolts.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

You do realize most of the torque specs are so you don't OVER TIGHTEN things right? That for example, steel bolt, and the clutch hub that they screw into is aluminum.

Comment

welp.........was snugging it up and one of them snapped >.< didnt even use a torque wrench..... now what? do they make easy outs for a bolt that small?

also where am i going to find a new bolt...... can i hardware store this bolt?

Comment

ok so im the luckiest sumbitch in the world right now, i was able to slowly rotate it out with a broken drill bit **whew**

now, what do i do about a new bolt? do i have to order a hardware kit, or can i just run to the local hardware shop and pick up a similar bolt and washer for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickhimself View Post
              ok so im the luckiest sumbitch in the world right now, i was able to slowly rotate it out with a broken drill bit **whew**

now, what do i do about a new bolt? do i have to order a hardware kit, or can i just run to the local hardware shop and pick up a similar bolt and washer for this?

Nothing overly special about the bolt. Ace or hardware places will have a matching one.

As a tip for future referece... don't use the long handle on the socket drives, grip the wrench with the backside of the selector in the center palm of your hand for that last tighten turn.

You will put alot less torque on the bolt and wont' break them/strip them on lighter applications.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks kreylyn for the advice

off to the hardware store

i did notice that even after the clutch assembly is together i have NO clutch lever, theres no resistance on it at all, is there a reason this is like this or have i over looked something?

Comment

did you adjust it?

Comment

no i havnt messed with the cable at all, but i figure that i would at least feel pressure in the lever itself and it looks like both the set screw ( on the lever, and down on the motor) are both extended all the way out

Comment

Won't do anything if the sprocket cover is off, or your clutch rod is broken, or one of the towers is broken.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ok i think i might have possibly found the issue but i need a question answered first

in this diagram http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/#/Su..._(1995)/CLUTCH Number "20" the "Rod" is that pressed into the motor on the other side? or does that come out with the like the push rod? bc all i have down the center is the pushrod, then the smaller pushrod that is T shaped, the bearing and washer. with the clutch lever pulled the whole "PUSH" assembly only travels like maybe a 1/3 inch. Is that the standard push for the ( for lack of better words) throw out assembly

the sprocket cover was never taken off from the way it looks
                        Last edited by Nickhimself; 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

pics would prolly help this..... heres a vid =D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9J8MCrnjkE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9J8MCrnjkE[/ame]

Comment

does the travel on that pressure plate look right or should it be more than that?

Comment

Working...
                            X