X

summer is coming!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer is coming!!

so it is finally warming up and almost all the fairings are off the bike to start prepping for paint when I get done with school, but my questions is, what should I do to the bike before summer? I am new to bikes (this being my first time all summer with a bike) because I got it late in September last year.

What maintenance should I do to the bike? Obviously I should change the oil, but what else? Probably get the chain all clean and... Thanks guys, appreciate the help for the young guy! (Anything with photos would be great!

Can't recommend much else for the bike except going over the cables, tires, fluids, chain and a general inspection. Then I'd spend some time in a parking lot practicing stops and swerves, just to warm up a little for riding season. Have a good riding season.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

what oil does the 05 katana recommend?

Comment

Make sure your seat latch mechanisim is operating smoothly. Might wanna give it a little shot of WD40 or something. Mine sticks a bit after sitting all winter.

+1 on the parking lot immediate action drills. Always a good idea after the death of all things good...I mean winter.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Be careful of sand untill the first few good rain showers.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
            Be careful of sand untill the first few good rain showers.
            +1

Check your tire pressure.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

sand is insane... first time riding with all of the sand and already had the rear move out on me a bit. Pretty scary for the first time..

Comment

Working...
              X