X

neutral light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neutral light

quick question. After the bike runs for awhile, and if i take a ride even a quick one after i get back sometimes the neutral light no longer works it just dont light up. Any help would be appreciated thanx guys.

Are you sure you're in neutral?
    I haven't noticed any false neutrals on my bike but I had 2 on my CB..

Does it seem like it doesn't work once warm? That was what I was thinking.
    Once it's warm it slips into a spot were it seems like neutral but not really.

Comment

My '02 does the same thing, I'll have to check it out now that you brought it up
      "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
      Chris
      graphic designer | drummer
      2002 Katana 600
      Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

yes it is

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        Are you sure you're in neutral?
        I haven't noticed any false neutrals on my bike but I had 2 on my CB..

Does it seem like it doesn't work once warm? That was what I was thinking.
        Once it's warm it slips into a spot were it seems like neutral but not really.
        yeah its in neutral, really weird huh i know its it neutral because i let off the clutch and roll it. its pretty weird.

Comment

neutral switch is going bad. replace it
          sigpic
          If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

I thought this thread was about Natural Light beer.
            Tejasandre

Comment

you might be able to clean the switch and check the wiring too if u dont want to buy a new one. My bike does this too i just live i with it. Ron Ayers and Bikebandit sell the switch for around 50.00. I never looked at the Green N light when it worked anyways. Good luck!
              sigpic
              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

i know

yeah im not to worried bout it, i know when im in neutral , i was just wondering, thanx for your help guys

Comment

relay under ther seat infront of the battery.
                  next time wiggle it. if it comes on replace the relay. I have replaced a few on bikes and need one on my bike as well
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Mine used to do that until it finally quit. I replaced it along with all the other gauge lights (swapped for LED) and they all work fine now. 13 bucks total.
                    1993 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                    X