X

Leaking from float bowl drain holes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking from float bowl drain holes

Are there supposed to be o rings on the float bowl drain screws? Mine are leaking even though the screw are tightened all the way.
    --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
    --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

no. The only thing that will make that happen is if you over tighter the drain screws and crack the bowl. It happens all the time, it's not some random thing.

Comment

I overtightened one and leaked. If you check your float bowl cover you may find a hairline crack on the female thread.You then have two choices. either find a replacement cover or do like I did clean out the cover and epoxy the hole completely, this will make your drain screw inoperative, but an easy fix temporarily.

Comment

major bummer -- here I am sitting with a 2006 kat -- after six or so times of cleaning and adjusting working on my jet kit -- I have cracked two of my carbs bowls -- I carb dunked all my stuff -- brass -- uh oh, like a dummy I dropped my float screws in there -- so they look like junk.

The first time I tried to used newly cleaned carbs -- they leaked. I reasoned that it was the thickness of the chrome plating -- so I needed to tighten them down --- ouch -- sure enough hairline cracked two of them.

Let me know if you find a cheap place for just the bowls - and I will re-post if I find some. YUCH!

Nothing makes you feel more stupid -- than doing something really stupid!

Comment

Working...
        X