No announcement yet.
X

Stops reving at 10,500? ('93 750)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The redline on the 600 is 11500, I think..

Comment

Pre 750 is 12.5K
      Pre 600 is 11.5k

The part # should be on the CDI... I'd cross reference that, as it's most likely the reason for the variable on rev limit. Probably from a differnt bike.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

A corroded connector?

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        I'm going to second that...

Although there are some goofy loose wire/bad ground issues that can kick in a specific revs. You could work backwards and calculate RPM by speed.
        This is a new issue, last fall it would climb up to the red line, but I never went up quite that far, I always left some head room.
        As for the tach reading low, I don't think so, because my guts say loud and clear: the engine ain't reving as high as it used too. The tack reading corresponds to the speedometer reading.
        An electrical issue, I think so.
        Maybe a connector issue?
        I had the coils out so I could take the valve cover off.
        I did some body work, painted all the panels and took the head and tail lights off and put them back on.
        Wow, so many things to unbolt just to reach the engine. I wanna go back to naked bikes!
        Looks like newer sport bikes keep the panels to a minimum.
        Last edited by buffalobill; 03-13-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
          An electrical issue, I think so.
          Maybe a connector issue?
          Yeah maybe, the issues I'm thinking about are not things rattling loose at 10K, but some bad connection. I think there was a case of a bad ground on the tach that was cutting out the engine.
          Wow, so many things to unbolt just to reach the engine. I wanna go back to naked bikes!
          Yeah, see my garage..

Comment

I have a 2005 750 and it hits the limiter at 10,500 also. I never bump into it unless I hold onto 5th too long so I don't worry about it.
            Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
            G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X