X

factory pro jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory pro jet kit

i just put a factroy pro jet kit in my carbs it had a dynojet i checked the floats the best that i could they look to be 14mm does the dynojet have to be set at 14mm too

no, DJ just uses the stock float height, which is either 13mm or 13.5mm +/- .5mm can't remember which.
    It's 13mm +/- .5mm I just checked
    Last edited by arsenic; 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

ok what will happen if they are at stock setting.

Comment

Originally posted by fastmopar View Post
        i just put a factroy pro jet kit in my carbs it had a dynojet i checked the floats the best that i could they look to be 14mm does the dynojet have to be set at 14mm too
        Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        no, DJ just uses the stock float height, which is either 13mm or 13.5mm +/- .5mm can't remember which

I believe he has a 91 600 Kat... from prior posts, so stock would be 14.7mm...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yes sorry i got a 1991 kat 600

Comment

In that case the FP guide calls for 15mm. The 98+ guide calls for 14mm.
            Does FP say it should be 14mm???
            Wow the pre 600 FP tuning guide DOSE say 14mm. The pre 98 750 guide says 15mm.
            I was right about 98+ though. Both 600 and 750 call for 14mm.
            Last edited by arsenic; 03-10-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastmopar View Post
              ok what will happen if they are at stock setting.

From stock you adjust depending on what the 3-5k range is doing...

The FP kit you just got actually has very good detailed instructions that works good for tuning to the kit for your bike.

Not sure what your asking for....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok i will try the way it is and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  In that case the FP guide calls for 15mm. The 98+ guide calls for 14mm.
                  Does FP say it should be 14mm???
                  Wow the pre 600 FP tuning guide DOSE say 14mm. The pre 98 750 guide says 15mm.
                  I was right about 98+ though. Both 600 and 750 call for 14mm.

I've run into the variances before frequently, so that is why I mentioned using the FP instructions...

It's not 100% perfect for every bike, but it is close enough to get it tuned right from their standard suggestions.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

ok its real close should be fine.thanks

Comment

thanks for all the help went for a little ride today and the bike runs great

Comment

Working...
                      X