X

D&D Factory Pro Jet settings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Factory Pro Jet settings

I purchased a used 2002 750 Kat with a carbon D&D slip on and K&N filter. I do not know if the prior owner installed a jet kit, if not I was going to purchase a Factory Pro stage 1 kit. Any advice on jet size and settings to use? It is too cold and I have no garage so this is going to be done by a reputable local shop (multiple fellow bikers recommended) and would like to give the mechanic some tried and true settings to go with. Also, could anyone recommend a site to get the jet kit.
    Last edited by expvet; 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM.

loose the K&N air filter. Go back to the OEM air filter. If the intake could be improved by simply replacing the air filter, don't you think the engineers that built the bike would have done that? There is a seller on ebay, racecrafters-usa. Email them, they have the best prices on Factory Pro kits.
    Last edited by arsenic; 03-08-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

OEM air filter may be a good idea. I found the Factory Pro at StarCycle for $101.00. What I am really focused on is the whether or not it currently has a jet kit. I would like to check that myself. Is there anything that would indicate a jet kit versus OEM jets. What should I look for to tell me it has a jet kit. I can remove the fairings and tank to get a good look at the carbs, but what should I be looking for?

Comment

yes, pull a needle. If it has more than one groove for the e-clip it's a jet kit. 5 grooves - FP, 6 grooves - DJ. Be careful when you take out the needle. Under the plastic cap is a small spring, don't loose that.
        Last edited by arsenic; 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          yes, pull a needle. I it has more than one groove for the e-clip it's a jet kit. 5 grooves - FP, 6 grooves - DJ. Be carefulful when you take out the needle. Under the plastic cap is a small spring, don't loose that.
          Boing! Oh what the hell where did that go
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have the Haynes manual and from an exploded view I believe the needle you are talking about would be accessed by removing the top cover's 4 screws where I will find infamous spring, spring seat and needle. Note that I have a 2002 750, which the manual shows a separate diagram for, so it may be different than a 600 carb. But basically it sounds like a remove gas tank, open top cover and remove and inspect jet. Is this correct? I am including a picture of the page so you can identify by part numbers the procedure.
            Attached Files

Comment

That's certainly not a view of 2002 GSX750F carbs. First of all, the cover only has two screws. Second, the spring under that cap is the main diaphragm spring, it's big, that's not the one I'm talking about. You pull the cover and the diaphragm spring, than take the slide out. At that point you will have to pull a small plastic cap out of the slide that holds the needle in. That is where the small spring is, under that plastic cap. At that point you can inspect the needle.

I have that same manual. It's for the 98-02 GSX600F, GSX750F, and GSX750. I honestly have no idea what the GSX750 is they speak of, but that exploded view isn't GSXF, it's GSX.
              Last edited by arsenic; 03-08-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

You are correct, I did not notice that the diagram was for the GSX750, not the GSX750F we are talking about. Since you have the manual, then it seems we are talking about the diagrams on page 3-7 (Fuel and exhaust systems) diagrams 8.2a to 8.4b and diagrams 10.11 to 10.14 in same section showing the jet needle and retainer and reinsertion of the diaphragm.

Comment

Yes, exactly

Comment

Thank you in the extreme for your help. This will let me bring the bike with the jet kit if needed. If not I would have had to order the kit and paid a 20% restock if it turned out it already had one. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

you bet

Comment

Working...
                      X