X

petcock and carb clearance.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock and carb clearance.

First my bike is a 94' 600. Now the problem. I just finished an engine swap. Put a 91' GSXR 750 engine in. It runs great only had 4800 miles on it. I has the original 38mm carbs. When I install the fuel tank the tanks petcock hits the top of the left outer carb. I'm gonna have to find a diffrent style petcock. or jack up the tank 1" and ruin the body line. or cut and weld the petcock up higher into the tank. Has anyone got any advice. Can't mod the intake tubes and lower the carbs they'll hit the starter and case area below them. Has anyone had this problem. Has anyone got any good advice.

Did you remember to re-install the bracket that holds the back end of the tank up?
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Swap the petcock is going to be easier than the other options you mentioned.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yes the frame bracket and rubber spacers in the back are in. and the rubber pad in the front of the tank is attached near the neck. The GSXR 750 38mm carbs are much taller the original Kat 600 carbs.

Comment

petcock

i would definetely try finding a different petcock.

Comment

you don't need no stinking petcock...

Comment

Smaller petcock, then.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X