X

Quick question about fuel hoses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about fuel hoses

I have a 1992 Katana 600. I've had problems since I bought it. It had a rusty tank and carbs that never worked right (from the rust).
    So I scored a set of carbs and a tank on ebay.

My old setup was two seperate fuel hoses that came off the petcock and went to the lower part of the carbs. There weren't any hoses above those hoses, just some hookups for hoses. Looked like vents for the fuel bowls to me.

New setup is one fuel line goes to all the float bowls (lower). One line goes into a manifold that feeds all four bowls. There is another line that is hooked to the top of the carbs. Its actually 2 lines that are T'd into one line.
    Do these 2 lines both go to the petcock?
    --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
    --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Originally posted by ChandlerW View Post
    I have a 1992 Katana 600. I've had problems since I bought it. It had a rusty tank and carbs that never worked right (from the rust).
    So I scored a set of carbs and a tank on ebay.

My old setup was two seperate fuel hoses that came off the petcock and went to the lower part of the carbs. There weren't any hoses above those hoses, just some hookups for hoses. Looked like vents for the fuel bowls to me.

New setup is one fuel line goes to all the float bowls (lower). One line goes into a manifold that feeds all four bowls. There is another line that is hooked to the top of the carbs. Its actually 2 lines that are T'd into one line.
    Do these 2 lines both go to the petcock?
    Pics would help make sure, but... from your description...

The bottom single line is the fuel line.

The top line/lines would be air vents for the carbs, and should not be plugged into anything. Route away from the engine where they can drain on tip over.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey,
      I seem to remember some year 600 had single feed, some two?
      Or is it the 750 that has two and the 600 one?

getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        Krey,
        I seem to remember some year 600 had single feed, some two?
        Or is it the 750 that has two and the 600 one?

getting old.

88-89ish 600s were different in a lot of ways with the fuel delivery. Diff type carbs and parts, etc.

Most of the parts 90-97 for both 600 and 750 were the same-ish... with some minor differences for tail being different, and sizes of things associated with the cc of the engine. (like the carbs having different sizes intake and spacing, but use the same caps and bowls.)

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X