X

02 katana 750 issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 katana 750 issues

i have a 02 katana 750 i bought a few days ago and the bike runs fine when cold but as soon as it warms up it runs like crap any suggestions

i had it shipped they drained the gas but still had some in the lines when shipped and the bike will not stay running without choke on a little bit
    Last edited by earl12758; 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Start at the air box and go from there. Check all clamps on the carb bodies to the air box and make sure the drain hose is in place and closed at the end by the swingarm. check your vacuum line connection from the petcock to the carbs.

Comment

i had my friend look at he knows more about bikes than i do and he said it sounds like its missfiring he said sounds like carbs

or a bad spark plug
      Last edited by earl12758; 02-26-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

try a tankful of fresh gas and Seafoam. probably has dirty pilot jets.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

It DOES have dirty pilot circuit. They are clogged and you bypass the circuit by leaving the choke on. Going to have to pull the carbs and clean them. Read Carbs 102

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks first before you pull it all apart. I had a similar problem it was a small leak from one of the ports used to synch the carbs.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

Dirty carbs.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Dirty carbs.

Comment

Hey, at least the pilot jets on 98+ carbs are way easier than pre 98 pilot jets.

Comment

Working...
                  X