X

Carb swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb swap

So the GSXR carbs worked. The bike runs beautiful now, except for the nasty fuel leak at the inlet Ts. Need to do a little work on the Ts and some new seals should fix it. Pic 1 you can see that the inner carbs have the same spacing that they do on the GSXR carbs, gold bracket on bottom. The outer carbs are closer together though. This is why i milled the fuel inlets and vents flush, originally they stuck out about 3/8". Pic 2 you can see how much longer the shaft was, they add the aluminum spacer to make up for the spacing on the outer carbs. Pic 3 you can see the difference in bore size even though they both came off of a 600cc motor, and thats why i had to lengthin the slots in the Kat shafts. Sounds easy but i think i have a total of about 10-12 hours worth of work in them. Also noticed a power increase with the larger GSXR carbs, and i havent even syched em with the gauges yet. Tools used for job- Phillips head screwdriver, regular screw driver, drill press, carbide cutting bit chucked up in the drill press and a very steady hand. Oh yeah almost forgot the most important one Beer!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jcos; 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM.

Looks good. Nice job
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, of course there was beer. All the best mods involve beer somewhere!

Looks great. What about the torque? In theory, larger carbs should cost you torque at low rpms and gain HP at high rpms. Is it noticeable?
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sweet mod!
        1989 Katana GSX750F
        1995 CB250 Nighthawk
        2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Looks good. Nice job
          +1
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

carb swap

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Well, of course there was beer. All the best mods involve beer somewhere!

Looks great. What about the torque? In theory, larger carbs should cost you torque at low rpms and gain HP at high rpms. Is it noticeable?

There was a slight difference but i am planning on changing the rear sprocket from a 41 tooth to a 45. I should gain it back there. Also plan on putting a new exhaust system on. Found a full exhaust system with a 4 into 1 header on ebay. I bid on it lastnight and won it for $10.00 cant believe it. Ill let you all now how that goes.

Comment

Working...
            X