Advice Please Another 92 Kat 750 Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please Another 92 Kat 750 Problem

hey everybody hows it going?
    Ok so bought the bike 2 weeks it was trailered to my house got the bike off the trailer started it up ran great has 22k the idle was a little high at 2k but i was happy and paid the man, parked it as its winter here and still have some snow tank was on RES, last week started it up drove it to the gas station ran great never really got on it though filled it up then parked it. 3 days ago took it to get it inspected started ok being it was pretty cold that day but would die when i wouldnt give it just a little gas. yesterday took it around the parking lot here is the video..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeVQb8P8csY"]YouTube - Qik - Mobile video by Glen Miller[/ame]

today went out and it almost refused to start but got it started took it to mcdonalds 1/2 mile away ran pretty bad untill the rpm would get above 4-5k died at mcdonalds, came out had to start it with the choke and leave it on just a little bit to get it back home stuttered, exhaust Afterfire couple hours later went out to look at it wouldnt start at all not even with choke tried to Afterfire couple time but thats it. ive searched these threads all day trying to find some answers as im just a poor boy but no luck any advice short of taking it to the shop?
    Last edited by gulfwardoc; 02-14-2011, 12:52 AM.
    "The difficult Anytime, the 'Impossible' by appointment only!"

Change your spark plugs.

Comment

Spark plugs Were Brand new as of when it got dropped off but ill pull them and look just to be sure, was bought from a motorcycle mechanic and he said he pulled the carbs cleaned and sync'd the week before he brought it to me

Comment

Possible the PO didn't do as good a job cleaning those carbs as you thought he did. Having the idle set at 2k is often a sign that it wouldn't idle below that due to some clogged idle passages. (Supposed to idle at 1100 rpm.) Hit the carbs 101 wiki and download the pdf version with pictures. It sounds to me like you're going to have to get those carbs clean.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ok update thought id get lucky and it just fire up this morning but no, anyways pulled the tank drained it while it was draining pulled the plugs 1 and 3 were little wet all 4 were kinda black cleaned them put them back in fired the bike up without the tank ill be damned it started up ran it for just a few minutes shut it off put it all back together with a gallon of different gas its running like it has dead spots but i think its the gas still in the bowls causing it going to get cleaned up and take it out for a few miles and see, thanks everybody

Comment

Always a good thing when it turns out something easy!
            1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

ok now its something else got suited up to take it out and got to the end of the block it died got it started back up and back to the house, ok 1 and 2 exhaust are cold 3 and 4 are hot now what do i look at fuel line for 1,2?

Comment

Plugs are getting fouled, clean the carbs, check for gas in the oil, replace the plugs.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Ok so went out was pretty ****ed but kneeled down on the left side of the bike and started taking fairing off looked in by the petcock and even though i seen this before it finally sank in PO had trimmed the fuel line for 1+2 added 4" of new fuel line to the old line via a plastic union and because that fuel line go's down inbetween 1+2 it needs to bend right where he put the union thats why it would run fine when the tank was propped up but when i put the tank down where it belongs it would pinch the fuel line..and it even idles right at 1100-1200. New Fuel Line 2.00, the look on my face when it finally had enough fuel to run right Priceless... thanks everybody if you guys didnt keep telling me to pull the plugs i would have never saw that fuel line pinched... Happy Kat Owner

Comment

congrats on not having to pull the carbs!
                    1989 Katana GSX750F
                    1995 CB250 Nighthawk
                    2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Thank Ya Thank Ya.. LongBeach huh BlackKat? Im from southgate lived in downey for a few years, feeling pretty homesick was thinking about coming back this summer

Comment

No place like SoCal... for better or worse haha. Traffic still sucks as you could imagine. Too many damn people and too many bad attitudes. The only twisties are 20+ miles away. How could you not be homesick?!

I'm originally from San Diego, but been up here the last 7 years, for university and post univeristy life (CSULB). It's a great place to be for my field (product design) and I don't think I'm leaving anytime soon.

Hit me up if you come back down here! Always nice to meet a fellow KR member.
                        1989 Katana GSX750F
                        1995 CB250 Nighthawk
                        2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Working...
                        X