Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike not starting, start button wont do anything? what should i do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike not starting, start button wont do anything? what should i do?

Im new on the site and with bikes bare with me, i tried to start my bike today and it didnt work. its been sitting for almost two weeks since the last time i turned it on its got a half tank of gas and it stays out on the back porch. i tried to start it like usal pressing the start button pulling clutch in and it tried to turn over but the battery was almost dead so i jumped it with my car and it started to turn over and then i stop cuz it didnt start. so then i left the jumper cables on the bike and car for about five min(with car on) and tried it again and nothing not a sound or spark, i felt like the "start" wasnt workin so i went ahead and tried to start it by jumping it thru the starter and it started to turn over but it wount not run like if it needed gas. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated! thanks

Fuel
    Air
    Spark

Which one are you not getting?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

-if not being jumped the neutral light and oil light are barely on but other than that nothing happens wont start.
      - if i jump the battery the lights turn on brighter but still wont turn on
      - if i jump it thru the starter i get a spark and starts turning but wont run.

Comment

is the side stand down? the clutch and side stand are in the same safety interlock circuit..
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Yeah, It's being cranky,
          My advise (as the owner of a cranky Kat)
          Remove spark plugs (18mm or 3/4 deep socket) clean them with scotch brite or a small wire brush. (take your time we are also letting the cylinders dry out.
          Replace the plugs.
          Put a charger on the battery.
          Once the battery is charged...
          Try again, full choke..
          Since it was trying to spin the starter it isn't any of the switched of such. One good thing about the kat is the kill switch kills everything. so if the starter is spinning it should be starting. The bike with a fresh charge should spin nicely.. 150 to 200 RPM I bet. Oh when I mean full choke make sure that lever moves all the way back. If your cable is sticking of such you're not getting enough choke to start.
          Hit the button no more then 5 seconds. You should hear something fire.
          2 things to look out for when starting a cranky Kat.
          1. after fire, all that gas is going somewhere. It is going into your exhaust, a little fire and BOOM.. You can put the battery back on charge while changing your shorts.
          2, fouling, this is when the spark plugs get wet with gas. when that happens it isn't starting.. This is commonly called "flooded" but the engine isn't really flooded, ya know?

I think there is a cold starting thread somewhere..

Comment

Thanks for the help guys i ended up putting the battery on a charger, left it over night and voila it crank right up. But ill deff check the plugs too hopefully it wont happen again.

Comment

Also, don't jump your motorcycle with your car ON. Always leave the car OFF. The car alternator supplies to much voltage to the bike and could damage the electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                Also, don't jump your motorcycle with your car ON. Always leave the car OFF. The car alternator supplies to much voltage to the bike and could damage the electronics.

Actually the voltages are the same it's the amperages that are different.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X