X

air leak? jumping idle when warm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air leak? jumping idle when warm

my idle on my 600 01 kat has been jumping when the bike gets warm. its runs and idles great when cold but once it warms the idle jumps around and will die when stopped if i dont give it some gas. is this from an air leak? i just cleaned the carbs and jets about a month ago.
    sigpic
    If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

that's the first thing to check.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Runs good when cold but gets worse and it heats up = rich condition. Might need to close the a/f screws a tad. YOur choke isn't sticking on the slides anywhere?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        Runs good when cold but gets worse and it heats up = rich condition. Might need to close the a/f screws a tad. YOur choke isn't sticking on the slides anywhere?

nope choke not sticking but i didnt adjust the fuel air mix and i put a D&D pipe on it about a year ago but never had this problem till now.
        sigpic
        If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Sounds like you are developing an air leak when the bike gets hot. Check all of the airbox boots and also pay attention to the "o" ring seals on the manifold boots to the head. check your exhaust for leaks around the pipes in the head.

Comment

Working...
          X