X

bike wont start please help..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont start please help..

the bike ran before i cleaned the carbs and it ran for like 10min after n now when i try to start it all it does is backfire? where do i start???/?

That's not a lot of info...

Is your choke on?
    You fuel right?
    Was it running rich?

Assuming you connected everything, we all miss something once and a while, I'd look at the petcock and make sure gas is getting to the carbs. Then I'd look at plugs to see if they're fouling.

This is off little info from a self confessed beginner.
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

...at the ignition. Turn the key...? Pull in the clutch?
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Also... did it die or did you turn it off then it wouldn't start...
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---

Comment

just find and press the reset button... it should say ctrl+z....

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

the bike just died on me and everything is hooked up and ive tryed choke and no choke

Comment

My guess... Something got through to the carbs that wasn't supposed to. My bike the clear coat from my tank was peeling inside the gas cap and falling in and getting to my carbs. I cleaned then cleaned again on and on... It's good now tho My guess is something is getting through... You could pull a plug and see if you're runnin real rich while you're in there, it's an easy check off.
              ---

Comment

Working...
              X