X

my bike wont start.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bike wont start.

I bought A 98 kat for $200 without looking at it.The thing is when i frist got the bike the carbs were off. and the guy said they needed to be rebulit. but i still put them on the bike and rode it it ran like **** and then i got the carbs rebulit and cleaned the air fliter and put the carbs on and started the bike and it seem to run weak but i do ride a 1100gsxr. so i cleaned the spark plugs and now it wont turn over at all and when it did run it didnt want to stay started where do i start????

did you mess up the gap when you claned the plugs? how did you clean them?

what happens when you try to start it? clicking? chugging? nothing at all?
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

i used a wire brush to clean the plugs and it seems to not be fireing up but the plugs have a spark

Comment

You need fuel air and spark, you're obviously not getting the right amount of one of them. Time to start digging. Carbs, intake, choke operation, coils, plugs, cdi.

Compression test? Leakdown test?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well since it ran (even though crappy) before you pulled and cleaned the plugs, I'd assume you possibly messed up the plugs somehow cleaning them with the wire brush.
          Try putting in new plugs (properly gapped) and see if it fires.
          If not, who rebuilt your carbs? did they clean them all thouroughly in all passages before installing the new carb rebuild parts? Did they set the screws properly out?
          Did you have the fuel petcock rebuilt at this time? Do you have the petcock set to "ON" and not "PRI"?
          Do you have any aftermarket exhaust or airbox parts on it, or all stock?
          When was the last time Gas was put in it, is it old by chance?
          What is the weather like by you, if it is cold like it is by me (0-20 degrees out) then it'll be much harder to start due to the cold?
          Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
          X