X

Carbs, a love - hate relationship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs, a love - hate relationship

Just got the carbs all fixed up and working 100% for the first time since owning it. Took a 8lb test fishing line through the pilot jets to get the idle right... I love the mechanics of carbs, but some days wish I had fuel injection back....
    '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Love hate, but mostly hate.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

As long as they're right, carbs work great. Trick is to get them right and then run the bike often. Let carbs sit (especially these Mikuni BSTs) and they gum up. Ride the bike and you don't have much of anything to worry about.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

word: Stabil Marine
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

That's two words. just sayin'...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            That's two words. just sayin'...
            busted
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sea Foam stabilizes gas too, so no worries about carbs gumming up.
                '03 600 Kat
                '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

Originally posted by 4banger View Post
                  Sea Foam stabilizes gas too, so no worries about carbs gumming up.
                  It doesn't stabilize e10 gas.The only commonly available products that do are Stabil Marine, Stabil ethanol formula and Startron.

Comment

I just pulled my carbs for the winter and rebuilt them. This was my first time doing so and they turned out great.

I fired up the bike today and it ran better than ever before, I am very proud of myself and thanks to Carbs 101 for the help!

Comment

Hate. Love my bike and it runs like a champ... Just did 200 mile ride yesterday with temp never breaking 35. Bike runs lean when I get on it but other than that bikes keeps goin. But in comparison to FI... Hate.
                      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                      ---
                      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                      X