X

Engine Gaskets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Gaskets

So as some of you may have read in my other thread about my bike i've got the engine apart replacing the transmission. ( this was absolutely no problem to do as long as you have a little mechanical experience and help from some guys on this forum ) lol. but now ive come to the point where im about ready to put it back together and i cant seem to find a gasket for between the two cases..im not sure if it even takes one because when i took the two apart there were just some remnants of a silicone gasket someone else put in there..while tearing down the motor it was apparently clear that i wasnt the first one in the motor. im just wondering if it even takes a gasket and if so where do i get one at? ive been looking but cant find one. any help would be awesome..thanks

No gasket. Get some Threebond 1194 or equivalent to reseal the gaskets. Have you downloaded the manuals? They spell it out pretty clearly (at least, the one for the 1100 I've been working on do). Reminds me, I need to get some assembly lube...
    1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Threebond ftw. Used it on my clutch cover for the RM.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

is there a place to download it for free? everywhere i find wants to buy it..figured if they wanted me to buy it just for one on my computer i'd spring and buy the real manual.

im waiting on my parts now. so i'll hopefully have it back together within the next week or two. i wanna ride SOOO bad...

Comment

Search this site, man.
          1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

yep Threebond 1194
            put a thin coat on each half and put them together... thats how ther are from the factory
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by zax722 View Post
              is there a place to download it for free?
              Here:

Spend some time checking out the site. Everything you need to know is here. The search function will be your best friend.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

i always use the search for atleast an hour before i post the question..i dont wanna be the guy that just asks for everything instead of looking..but alot of the titles dont explain whats in the thread..and i can only read so many threads all the way through before i go insane..lol..and i search google as well..im having less and less faith in google...all it ever shows me is parts for sale..i appreciate the information so much guys..

Comment

Working...
                X