No announcement yet.
X

Turbo help/questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're interested... What a silly thing to say. Gearheads R Us!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Lol ok I guess that was a dumb question. can I upload pics from my phone on here

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
      good reason..

how many miles? good compression? hi mileage engine with even 7psi boost and a retarded ignition it could turn it into recycled aluminum in no time flat esp at WOT.

have you considered looking at cam timing?.. lift and duration?.. a jump in boost/air flow could have a negative effect.. ya know, the watermelon thru the garden hose..

not tryin to spoil your soup.. just things to consider.. its easy to do when your on the outside looking in... if you move forward with it I'm sure it will be a nice build thread....
      Do you mean like retarding the timing on the cams?
      Last edited by Mj6886; 12-21-2010, 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Really curious as to how you're going to wrap the headers out of the frame, are you keeping any of the front suspension or just using a completely rigid frame?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well we have the motor moved as far back as we could get it which makes for a decent amount of space in there. And for suspension, I have all long travel triple rate elka suspension.

Hey also do any of you guys know if the 1100 cdi would work on the 600 ?
          Last edited by Mj6886; 12-21-2010, 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Mj6886 View Post
            Do you mean like retarding the timing on the cams?
            Yes... it sounds as if the engine has been gone thru and worked over. at first it sounded like you had plucked the engine out of a bike and was ready to start throwing parts at it...
            I'd get info on what cams are in it.. how they were timed etc.. pistons/compression it could be useful info to know if he went up on the compression that's not ideal for your application..
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

He went with better pistons but same cr. And I think he did rods too. And like I said earlier he did a bunch of head work. But I pulled the valve cover and the cams look stock. They had normall wear on the lobes. But who know, he might have put 750 cams in

Comment

Hey guys, I have another question. I have two different sets of carbs I can choose from, a set of bst 34mm and a set of 36mm, I believe they are off of a newer bandit. They have the tps on the side of them. So which one will be the easiest to tune and find parts for?

Comment

Go with whichever size the pre 600 came with, that will be the easiest.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well I don't have the carbs that belong to that motor. I might be wrong, so if I am let me know. I figured that with my combo the bigger carbs would be better.

Comment

Working...
                    X