X

help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

So I got it runnin right this morning. In the past week I've changed the oil syncd my carbs changed all plugs and wires set the idle speed checked my fuel lines for blockage. It was runnin perfectly this morning. I let it sit so I could get some work done this afternoon and went back to start her up and now she won't start even with the choke on. I do own a manual and its been my bible these past few weeks. I also got a new battery. Anyone have any suggestions on wut else to check. My bike is my only transporation and I have to work gotta a baby comin

what exactly happens when you try to start it ? does it crank ? does it almost start ? how is your petcock adjusted ? on on , reserve , prime. how old is the fuel ? is there enough fuel left ? is it in gear ? is the sidestand down or up ? is the killswich on or off ? how are the lights in the dash ? do you give it any throttle when you try to start it ?
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

There's half a tank. It does crank over the petcock is on. Gas was just put in today killswitch on kickstand up its in neutral. Give it some throttle. Its the same as I always do. And its bout 60 degrees outside. Lights in dash look normal had it charging cause I was starting it a bunch this mornin so batterys good

And I just got back home and she started right up. Idk man I'm lost. Would the temp affect it that much even with the choke.

And I just got back home and she started right up. Idk man I'm lost. Would the temp affect it that much even with the choke.
      Last edited by outlaw; 12-09-2010, 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maybe it was just flooded.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Leave the throttle alone when you're starting. Just give her a little choke, pull in the clutch and hit the starter.

You may have flooded her or maybe the battery just wasn't as charged as you thought. Leave the charger on overnight set to the lowest amperage you can get to take care of that possibility.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Leave the throttle alone when you're starting. Just give her a little choke, pull in the clutch and hit the starter.

+1

I always use choke on a cold engine start ,even if its 80 or 90 out
            You just dont need it on as long
            Last edited by rexazz2; 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM.
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
            X