HG leak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
    O-rings on the oil lines?
    Good point... I will mention it. Thanks.

And if that is the case, then they should refund the difference between HG and the o-rings. The o-rings are a much cheaper job..

Comment

Anytime you take a bike in for repairs etc demand the old parts back.
      if this is the same shop that told you the rings hit the gasket find a different shop. they are ripping you off
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        Anytime you take a bike in for repairs etc demand the old parts back.
        if this is the same shop that told you the rings hit the gasket find a different shop. they are ripping you off
        Eh the guy answering the phone isn't the mechanic doing the work. It is a dealership.

Comment

Update....

They got it back to me. I drove to work and back and the same oil leak was there. Took it back. They thought maybe they did not clean the remaining oil from last time sufficiently so they cleaned it took it on the highway and back and it appeared good.

I picked it up last Thursday but did not have time to ride more than just around the block. Saw a drop of oil but dismissed it. Today I took the bike to the office and back on the highway and bam, same exact leak!

This is making me think it is not the head gasket and that is probably one of the other things people suggested here that are commonly mistaken for a head gasket leak. I am going to make sure they check the other things like the spark plug hole, valve cover gasket etc.

I suspect when they take it for a test ride they don't put much time on it. When I go ~30-50 miles, the leak shows itself.

Comment

Listen very carefully...

THEY ARE JUST SCREWING YOU

THEY ARE TAKING YOUR MONEY AND NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THAT SHOP
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Listen very carefully...

THEY ARE JUST SCREWING YOU

THEY ARE TAKING YOUR MONEY AND NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THAT SHOP
              They have not asked for a dime since the original visit. They have done nothing but apologize, ask me to bring it back, and assure me that they will fix it.

I did tell them that after this 3rd attempt to fix it, I am going to need my money back if it doesn't work to take it elsewhere.

Comment

You should email the service manager with your concerns and "suck em in" to admitting to creating the problem.

Then get the bike repaired else where and request your money back from the first place. If they refuse threaten with small claims court using the email as evidence.

Originally posted by gnode View Post
                They have not asked for a dime since the original visit. They have done nothing but apologize, ask me to bring it back, and assure me that they will fix it.

I did tell them that after this 3rd attempt to fix it, I am going to need my money back if it doesn't work to take it elsewhere.
                2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Head service manager took charge of this and says the problem actually is the oil return o-ring and not the head gasket. On the phone he insisted they never changed the head gasket, but only the valve cover gasket and re-did valve adjustments etc that were not done correctly by the first shop that did the 600 mile service.

I swear they said they did the head gasket. Going to check my receipt when I get home and get that part reimbursed if it is on there.

$700 sounds expensive for 600 mile service + valve cover gasket job unless I am missing something. Obviously the valve cover comes off anyway if you are doing a valve adjustment, so that would seem to be included. I will scan and attach the original receipt here tonight and you guys can have at it.

Also, he is saying that to fix this leak, he would have to do the valve cover gasket anyway which does sound correct to me. So basically, he is saying that while they did not do the head gasket earlier, the other things they did do were necessary anyway and he is not going to charge for the re-work they are going to have to do.
                  Last edited by gnode; 12-28-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Wow...all this over an unnecessary service.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

What part of Dallas are you in? What dealer are you using? I'm in Frisco while your issue is beyond of what I am able to help with, I can introduce you to some of the guys I ride with (when I have the time to). But they are really helpful and knowledgeable.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                        O-rings on the oil lines?
                        You got screwed in the bung hole if you paid 600$ for a valve adjustment. O-ring is like 1$
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by homie707 View Post
                          What part of Dallas are you in? What dealer are you using? I'm in Frisco while your issue is beyond of what I am able to help with, I can introduce you to some of the guys I ride with (when I have the time to). But they are really helpful and knowledgeable.
                          This is the Suzuki Kawasaki of Plano dealership on 75.

I live in Allen, so if you know some good mechanics in the Frisco area, that would be just fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X