No announcement yet.
X

Just switched to Rotella T6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just use rotella dino 15/40 , and replaced every 3000 miles you will be fine , even the walmart supertec 15/40 is one of the best oil for a motorcycle.

Last edited by SirPaulGerman; 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
      I read that alot of people have experience better shifting. I have 12,000 miles on my motor and I couldn't tell one bit of difference between Suzuki Dino oil and Rotella 6T.
      I did howevere experience increased ticking sound coming from the valve cover. Now I'm scared I have to do a valve adjustment because of the thin oil.
      I would say if your going to use the 6T it would be best to use it in the winter months.
      Synthetics often make engines louder. Even my brand new Yaris was silent until i started running synthetic at the first oil change.
      Why? less friction and less heat. Things are able to move more freely at looser tolerances.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

How many times will you replace the oil in a season? I use mobile 1 t4 because it is Mobile 1 and specifically made for bikes. Synthetics are better than conventional. My bike runs better now, though it is a little louder. I feel less scared to rev it to red. It cost like $10 / quart, but I won't have to replace it every month, so who cares?

Comment

even reg. CASTROL T 4 is better then rottela at least you can see it is highly refined ..pep boy stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
              Word
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

To add another anecdote...

I've used Rotella T6 in my VFR for the last couple oil changes. In the past few months, I've noticed that the clutch slips in the powerband when the bike is cold (although it's fine once it warms up). Nothing enough to really establish cause and effect.

I went down to the local shop to pick up an oil filter and was talking with the guy at the counter and mentioned I was going to use Rotella T6, and he said that some of the racers that come in had switched from the older Rotella to the new T6 and immediately began burning up clutches, so they've switched back to the older Rotella (I'm guessing Rotella T 15W-40).

Given these two things, I don't think I will use T6 on this oil change. I haven't decided whether to shell out the money for a high-dollar synthetic, or just plain Rotella T.

Comment

Their clutch is slipping because they are worn out, the oil magnifies this effect when you switch over.

I've run it for 3 seasons, and my bike puts out well over 100hp at the wheel.

FWIW, I throw a little 5100 in there everytime I refill, 100% ester.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ester as in the functional group of hydrocarbons? "O= c-c-c, Ester"?
                    never mind.
                    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X