No announcement yet.
X

jetting problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have cleaned the carbs 5+ times, and I have checked for leaks with wd40 and havent found anything. I wouldn't think I need a bigger pilot with just an exhaust but idk. Any other suggestions?

Just called factory pro and they think my emulsion tubes are worn. All the holes are round and clean so idk whether to spend another $100 on this hunk a junk or not.
    Last edited by yfzrider729; 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by yfzrider729 View Post
      I

Just called factory pro and they think my emulsion tubes are worn. All the holes are round and clean so idk whether to spend another $100 on this hunk a junk or not.
      Worn emulsion tubes will make your bike run rich. On my 1100 (when it had worn tubes) wot under load would produce visible smoke, visible at night if there was a car behind me.
      My tubes didn't look like ablong FP examples either, they looked fine, but compared to a new tube, the top hole was noticeably larger on the worn one. In addition, using a magnifying glass, I could see little shiny wear marks around the inner part of the hole. Replaced them, bike was great.

Comment

Working...
      X