X

Turn signals not turning on at all, relay fine please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals not turning on at all, relay fine please help

Hey everyone it's been a while since I've posted here, I've been busy with some other projects lately and haven't really had much time for my baby But thats all changed, I pulled her out and started making her road worthy, I can not figure out what is stopping my turn signals from working. It's like they are not getting any power at all. The dash indicator lights do not light up anymore either. It's almost like they were progressively deteriorating over time cause one day they worked fine, then one day they werent working at all but the dash lights still came on and the front R or L turn signal would light up and get stuck on, like it wasn't relaying properly. And now nothing works, except I can hear the relay click with every change of the turn signal switch so I assume there is no problem there. I've checked all the connections at the dash lights and made sure all connectors were plugged in properly and all wires were connecting. I've checked the fuses at the fuse box, everythings fine except the headlight fuse is missing cause i needed it for something else but i'll replace that soon. Has anyone had to deal with anything like this before? It's bugging the hell out of me :P Thanks
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

No blinkers or neutral light means the 10A fuse is blown. If it's not blown, I really don't know where to begin besides tracing wires back. I would also start by verifying the bulbs are good. You never know.
    Last edited by akarob; 11-17-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Check the fuse first, then the bulbs. I'm not sure which one gets hit by the current first, the indicator on the panel or the blinker itself. Check out your wiring diagram if the fuse is good and the bulbs check out. Yay for having to trace wires on the crazy wiring harness that Kats have.
      Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
      X