X

Bike won't rev higher than 1000rpm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike won't rev higher than 1000rpm

Looking for some help. My 83 had some bad gas in it and messed up, I siffened the gas out and added new stuff. I changed the spark plugs, cleaned the tank filter and it still won't run higher than 1000 rpm. I need to leave the choke on or else it will cut out. While running for the short period it will it sound like it is backfiring a bit as well. I have no clue what to do at this point and am getting very frustrated. Someone help!!!!!

Time for a carb cleaning, fuel filter replacement as well if you have one.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok thanks i will try that

Comment

Just curious......but is either the choke or throttle cable connected?
        Last edited by Slofuze; 11-03-2010, 06:16 PM.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

this sounds dumb, but what do you mean?

Comment

Yep... Clean the carbs...
            Last edited by SerialBanger; 11-03-2010, 06:52 PM.
            -Noe-
            2000 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by ChantalM View Post
              this sounds dumb, but what do you mean?
              Are you sure your choke cable is connected? At full choke your bike may rev up to 3G...... and then you slide it back to around 1G. Are you sure all your cables are connected? I wouldn't be pulling carbs until I knew all my cables were connected to where they should be. Just sayin'.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                Are you sure your choke cable is connected? At full choke your bike may rev up to 3G...... and then you slide it back to around 1G. Are you sure all your cables are connected? I wouldn't be pulling carbs until I knew all my cables were connected to where they should be. Just sayin'.
                +1! I've had a few WTF moments followed by finding something as dumb as that hours later. Then the

Comment

Cleaned the carbs out yesterday and it was so dirty one of the plugs was not even getting fuel to it. Running like gold once again. If only the rain would stop I could go for a few more runs this season

Comment

Working...
                  X