X

carb jetting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb jetting ?

has anyone jetted their 600 kat post 98 with a high flowing slip on with actual jets and shimming the needle instead of a jet kit? if so what sizes did you use and was there a noticeable improvement?

hmm?

Comment

I just shimmed the needle and drilled out the old jets. Don't remember what size it was though. If you do that just start with a real small increase at a time because once its to big you can't go back. I would just go up 5-10 on the jet sizes and see where that puts you.
      1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

holy **** 5-10 sizes up on the main jet for a slip on?

MAYBE 1 size but usually not.

No need to increase the main jet, all lower fuel circuits overlap each other so if you increase fuel at idle, 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle it will in turn make the over all mixture at WOT richer as well.

mixture screws 2.75 turns out
        lower float level .5mm
        go buy a jet needle shim kit unless you can find 4 washers that are .5mm ( same as needle shims)
        please dont drill your jets
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 11-12-2010, 04:28 PM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          holy **** 5-10 sizes up on the main jet for a slip on?

MAYBE 1 size but usually not.

No need to increase the main jet, all lower fuel circuits overlap each other so if you increase fuel at idle, 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle it will in turn make the over all mixture at WOT richer as well.

mixture screws 2.75 turns out
          lower float level .5mm
          go buy a jet needle shim kit unless you can find 4 washers that are .5mm ( same as needle shims)
          please dont drill your jets
          By 5-10 sizes I mean 110 to 120. And drilling isn't a good idea if you don't know what your doing. My grandpa was a machinist and did the drilling for me.
          1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

Working...
          X