X

kat 600 gsxr 600 swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat 600 gsxr 600 swap

im sure someone on here has already asked this but im wondering what i would have to do to swap my 94 kat 600 motor with a gsxr 600 motor anyone done this or have any ideas?

What year? Anything is possible but a 600 motor isnt worth the effort.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i agree ... i may be wrong (fairly confident that i'm not) but all 600 gsxr motors are water cooled and will not a be a bolt in swap and will require a lot of machining and custom brackets... while the oil cooled Suzuki 4 cylinder motors will almost drop in. (bandit 1200/600, gsxr 1100(1052/1127)/750, katana 600,750,1127)

if your gonna swap motors.... go big.
      hope that answers your question.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

The 92-93 GSXR600 engines are similar to the 93-95 GSXR750's, so it wouldn't be any more difficult than that (the engines don't seem to have changed too much in shape/mounting in that first watercooled generation). The SRAD's and later are all much different, so you'd have to be pretty comfortable fabricating to take that on.

The 92-93 is kind of a pig of an engine, didn't make good power, and has almost zero aftermarket support, so I'd pass on the idea, honestly.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thanks for the info guys i think im gonna go with a kat 750 i read ina thread on here it will pretty much bolt on right

Comment

Working...
          X