X

Guess this Noise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess this Noise

I am trying to get my bike together and working nicely. It has had a noise ever since I bought it a few months back. Now a new sort of squeak has also appeared. I think after reading other posts I have decided that the main noise is the cam tensioner spring needing replacement. I really dont have any ideas about the squeak noise and unfortunately it is hard to hear under all the other noises but it becomes more prominent in the last part of the video. Here is a link to the video.
    Thanks for your help
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzhbgKKHZg"]YouTube - Noisy katana[/ame]

Also the bike is a 99 600.

Sounds like an air leak to me, check that all the vacuum caps are in place as well as the breather pipe
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I agree sounds like air, what about the petcock vac line? All the spark plugs tight?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Wait so you guys think it's only air or the cam chain in addition to an air leak? Could I be caused by a leak in the air box because I visually inspected it and one of the intake boots from the box to the carb has a large crack in it. Can you repair the boots with black silicone or should they be replaced?

Comment

good popint it could be a loose spark plug to
          but I notice your running it on PRIME so it could easily be the vacuum line to the petcock.

you can make a temp repair on the boot using a good adheasive like GOOP or seal all. Dont use RTV silicone it wont stick and they dont mix with fuels.

cam tentioners cause a rattle and clicking noise.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

my bike makes the same noise... im glad to hear people say vacuum leak...

Comment

It ended up being a vacuum leak. Thanks guys it was the plugs on the carbs had split and were leaking air

Comment

Working...
              X