X

Cylinders dropping fire on a 600 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinders dropping fire on a 600 Kat

2006 600 Kat I bought Thursday.It missed all the way home.I thought it might be the carbs so I cleaned them today and put in new plugs from suzuki shop.Put everything back together,put in fresh gas, put it on prim and it started right up hitting on all 4 and idled smooth.After about 30 seconds it started dropping cylinders.I pulled the gas tank back off and started it up and it hit on all 4 for a few seconds then it started dropping them again. I hooked up timing lite and the longer it runs, about 30 seconds, it only wants to fire on # 1 and sometimes #3.I ordered a Suzuki shop manual but it wont be in for 7 to 12 business days.Thanks, Ronnie

Pulled the plugs and grounded to top of engine.Turned it over with a good battery and you can bearly just bearly see a spark on all 4. It has D&D full exhaust, K&N filter. 120 main jets, #1,2,4 air screws are out 3 turns.#3 is 2 1/2. thanks again

Comment

sounds like either a spark issue or bad gas.

Had it been sitting for a while? If so drain and refill the tank.

If it is spark start checking for wires that have been messed with by the PO. Also look for any wires that may be rubbing and grounded out.
      There are two types of riders: Those that have been down, and Those that will go down.
      I belong to the first.

06 Kat Blue and White for the moment...

Comment

Working...
      X