X

valve adjustment help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve adjustment help

just found this on youtube def gonna help me out when i do my valves hope someone else finds it useful

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzctK-w0zyg"]YouTube - Valve Adjustments - Part 1[/ame]
    95 Kat 600

Don't know what manual he's referring to but the factory service manual says to put gasket maker into the groove on the head cover before installing the gasket. Also there's no need to do anything with the oil cooler but the coils need to come off.

Comment

Oil cooler comes off so you can get at the 10mm nut on the front of the head. (Check torque on all the head bolts before doing the valve adjustment.)
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for the link.
        Now I'm not sure I want to attempt the thing at all

Comment

doing my valves this weekend they are making alot of noise
          95 Kat 600

Comment

this guy sucks and makes things look hard. btw , yeah "ridges" provide extra strength to the cover thats what its for , not cooling. but I guess its better to see the video and get some idea than no idea.
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              Oil cooler comes off so you can get at the 10mm nut on the front of the head. (Check torque on all the head bolts before doing the valve adjustment.)
              Yeah that's kind of hard to access. I got the the head off without messing with the oil cooler but it would make it easier get that bolt and might help in removing and reinstalling the head once its unbolted.

Comment

Originally posted by noglo View Post
                Don't know what manual he's referring to but the factory service manual says to put gasket maker into the groove on the head cover before installing the gasket.
                i would only use sealer on the half moons(for rubber gaskets only)if i had a leak i would use rtv all over and order a new gasket of next time.
                Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                this guy sucks and makes things look hard.
                yup
                Originally posted by BringTheHateMosh View Post
                just found this on youtube def gonna help me out when i do my valves hope someone else finds it usefull
                maybe part two is better

Comment

so much misinformation, so little time..lol

Comment

Working...
                  X