X

Won't start, but before I dismantle the carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't start, but before I dismantle the carbs

...just inherited a 1990 GSX750F from a friend, it has been sat in my garage for a few months, was running fine prior to that but I do remember he accidentally put some diesel in at some point but that should have all burnt through by now?

So, before I look at removing the carbs, is there anything else I shuould check..

The bike turns over but does not fire (i've had two very small coughs out of it but thats it)

I have been trying to start the bike with jump leads connected to my car battery (engine off) to ensure its not a battery issue

Have sprayed Easy Start into the air intake, have remove no1 and no4 spark plugs (they dont look too bad condition wise, but are dry??) and they produce a small spark on the engine case,have opened both carb bleed valves and petrol is definitely getting through (has half a tank of petrol
    too)

Anything else I can do before assuming its carb problems?

Try some fresh Gas it might run.
    Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

give a good spray of quick start , it has to draw it in threw the air filter
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

It's been sitting. Better resign yourself to cleaning the carbs.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

+1 above...

Just clean the carbs and be done with it! I'm sure you'll be glad you did...
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Working...
          X