X

Clutch cover removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch cover removal

i searched for my question, couldnt find anything... i have an 06 katana, and need to replace the clutch cable before tomorrow afternoon, and cant figure out how to remove the clutch cover... i removed all the bolts holding it in, and the sensor. the only thing i didnt remove is the foot shifter, and the piece that goes into the trans that connects to the foot shifter. i cant get the cover off, what am i missing?
    "Man who stands on toilet is high on pot..."

It sounds like you are trying to remove the sprocket cover.

This link shows its removal: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108832

The clutch cover says Suzuki on it I believe.

Comment

You do have to remove the shifter from the forward shaft before the cover will come off, but that's it. All the bolts + the shifter and it will come right off.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ok, thanks guys, sorry bout that, this is my first bike ever so im still learning alot, only been riding for bout three mths lol
        "Man who stands on toilet is high on pot..."

Comment

sprocket cover is what yer trying to take off.
          Consult the chain swap thread in the how To and FAQ forum, they show ya how to remove it

you'll also need to adjust your cable

clutch cover is the cover with the OIL Window in it on the right side.
          Front right cover is the ignition signal generator cover
          Left rear cover is the sprocket cover
          front left cover is the starter cover.

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
          X