X

Can't shift to neutral while running.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't shift to neutral while running.

Hey guys, I've got a little problem and couldn't find anything through searching.
    Recently I had to replace my crankcase cover, which wasn't too much of a hassle. After getting everything put on, the bike runs perfectly fine and sounds, however if it's running I can NOT shift into Neutral. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping someone might have some idea what's wrong. Thanks for any help!

Picture of your wife or no deal.

Ok, how about a picture of the bike?

Well at least tell us what kind of bike you have.

Comment

Try adjusting your clutch cable. My 600 would never shift into neutral while running no matter what I did, no big deal though, why do you want to be in neutral with the engine running anyway?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Clutch cable is probably it. A really high idle would be another thing to check out.

Comment

Yea, if your carbs aren't tuned and your idle is erratic, it is hell on the tranny.

Comment

Ha, sorry. It's an 05' 600. I'll check the clutch cable here soon, no idea why I didn't think of that.

And Scotty, some of the lights 'round here take a little more than a lifetime to turn. Just a bad habit, leaving it in neutral and waiting, ha. Thanks for the answers though guys.

Comment

Working...
            X