X

bike runs, kill it, wont crank back up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike runs, kill it, wont crank back up

just started doing it today, was weired like it was flooding or had no spark, checked the fire in the 2nd cylinder, no spark, i went ahead and tried number 4, stuck a screwdriver in the plug wire, cranked right up. got it home killed it and now wont start. have k&n pods, yoshi pipe with no baffle, and carbs are jetted.

Flooding can be due to dirt in the float needle valve, of of them anyway. Gotta love 4 carbs.

I would suggest verifying spark and compression if possible on all four cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by akarob View Post
      Flooding can be due to dirt in the float needle valve, of of them anyway. Gotta love 4 carbs.

I would suggest verifying spark and compression if possible on all four cylinders.
      nope im an idiot, the ground on the battery was a little loose cranks right up now. what a picky electrical system figured at least if it was that it wouldnt spin over. do need to sync carbs a little seems to run high rpms fine its the lowerrpms that cut out

Comment

Originally posted by brownpaden View Post
        do need to sync carbs a little seems to run high rpms fine its the lowerrpms that cut out
        Likely due to not being jetted correctly for the K&N and no baffle in the exhaust.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Likely due to not being jetted correctly for the K&N and no baffle in the exhaust.
          did it with baffles in it and origional air box. so its doing it again, wont crank no fire to coils, coils are good checked with multimeter, think the relay at the fuze box is out, anyone ever have this happen?

Comment

Check for corroded ground wires, and in the fuse block all the blades where the fuses snap into.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              Check for corroded ground wires, and in the fuse block all the blades where the fuses snap into.
              cleaned battery terminals cleaned ground wires, fuzes, everything. really think its the relay but it is 60 dollars so i want to be sure before buying it.

Comment

Working...
              X