X

Runnng Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnng Problem

I have a 2001 Katana 600 and it will start and run fine. But as you keep riding, it will shut off. Especially if you go into high rpm's. And if I shift and cruise it shuts off around 72 miles per hour. after it shuts off I have trouble restarting it because it keeps shutting off. Then eventually shuts off. Any ideas on how I could fix it? And also what is the correct position for the choke? Mine is all the up and then the arrow points down. So I don't know if its on or off. Please help.

Sounds like you might have petcock issues, pull off a fuel hose, turn it to pri and see if fuel flows. If it does try running it that way and see if it solves the problem. If it does, you either need to rebuild the petcock or make sure you have vacuum to the back of the petcock.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

on my 04 the choke toggle pushed up or forward is off

try riding it with the petcock in the prime position
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Solution

Night: I had the exact same problem when I first bought my 00' Katana 600, back in April. The solution to it was found by the guy I bought it from, it seems to be a well-known fault in the katana's post 2000. The Gas tank lid;,it holds a vent line that seems to get clogged,(causing the bike to run lean), it functions more or less like a cv valve where a little ball will clog the vent line. I replaced the gas tank lid,the bike can now "breathe" so to speak.The problem has been non-existent since April. And its dumb simple to replace, i think a 5yr old would, its just a matter of removing the lid thats held down by the hex bolts that circle around where you would insert your key. Replace the old with the new, retighten the bolts and you're good to go. No more shutting down after 70+ or high rpms or running on prime. (Running it on prime, was of no help to me in my situation)

Comment

Working...
        X