X

I have no spark ( katana kart)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no spark ( katana kart)

Trying to start my go-kart and I have no spark , the motor ran when it was on the bike but the ignition was busted and i had to use a screw driver , took it a part for my project and add some switches (kill,start and power i have four wires left black, orange, brown and gray. Study the manual and nothing . I think their something in the ignition that relays to the cdi for it to crank it turns over and gas vapor come out the exhaust .Pls help
    Attached Files

dude, you cannot run it like that with that exhaust, you are going to ruin the valves, ask any expert on here, ROFLMAO I had to throw that in there, but it looks like a mean kart! what size engine?

Comment

I'm doing a build crank and run before I finish. its a

Comment

HOLY SHIAT, I feel sorry for that one lone disc brake. Are you using the wiring harness? Make sure you have a battery and everything is grounded appropriately.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

where's the battery?

Comment

You haven't answered the question about the battery or wiring harness.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

it's there

I'm using the stock bike harness.
              And the batts there I just took it out while I was welding . so does anyone have any other ideas, I checked the gounding and its good. Do these bikes have a tip over sensor?

Comment

No tip over sensor, what about kill switch and side stand switch?

Comment

good

There both good. I checked the coils and grounded the spark plug and no spark

Comment

Did it run before you put it in the go cart? Pick up sensors, cdi, bad connections, kill switch and even the ignition key, hmmmmmmm, there is something about the posts that have a theft lock that if you take it apart or something it prevents it from starting. Whats the status on the ignition switch?

Comment

dude let me start by saying thats a bad *** go cart.....second im guessing that your motor is a 98+ cuz its silver so here is a replacement ignition switch http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/produ...gnition-switch
                      second were the hell is the fuel tank gonna go???? these bikes are gravity feed
                      time to nut up or shut up
                      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Ridiculous project. Hope you can get it running. is that really where your mounting your exhaust?
                        -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                        -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                        -2008 Audi S5
                        -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                          Did it run before you put it in the go cart? Pick up sensors, cdi, bad connections, kill switch and even the ignition key, hmmmmmmm, there is something about the posts that have a theft lock that if you take it apart or something it prevents it from starting. Whats the status on the ignition switch?
                          Ya, I thought I had read something once upon a time about a resistor or something in the ignition switch, but not too sure as there isn't anything on wiring diagram.

I see it like this from my manual for 98+ Kat - you should have the orange/red wire hooked up to a switch with the black/white wire on other side of switch. Then you should have the red wire on a switch with the orange wire on the other side of it. The grey and brown look like they are needed for lighting only so you shouldn't need hooked to switch, but if you did, they would be on same switch.

That looks like a badazz project I want to see some smoking rubber !!!

P.S. you're going to have to rejet the carbs with those pods on it, it will run like azz if ya don't, heck I'd bet you'll be lucky if it idles.
                          Last edited by Astro4x4; 09-13-2010, 07:31 AM.
                          2000 Katana 600
                          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

That is awesome!

If it cranks but you don't get a spark, then you're probably looking at a problem with the CDI/pickup/etc, not the switches (ignition requires sidestand/neutral/run switch, starter requires all those switches plus start and clutch switch).

Comment

Working...
                            X