X

Post 600 pilot jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 600 pilot jets

So I finally got around to trying a set of #15 pilots in my KAT to compliment my FP jet kit. WOW, very nice improved difference.
    Before the swap I was running my floats at 13 mm and the A/F screws out 4.5 -4.75 turns to get things running decent, but she really didn't wake up until 5000 + RPM. Threw the new pilots in and set float height to the specified 14 mm (FP specified), set A/F screws to 2.5 to start and fired her up. Set the A/F screws at idle with my Colortune and I ended up going a smidge richer but still under three turns out. Gave her a sync and went for a run - much improved. Throttle tip has improved (not that it was bad), she pulls hard off idle all the way to the top and the vibs in the handle bars are reduced at cruising speeds.

So my setup is - '00 600cc Kat, header welds ground flush and rear baffle pulled out of stock pipe
    +5* ignition advancer
    Factory Pro jet kit
    Main jets - 115 inside carbs and 117 outside carbs.
    Pilot jets - #15 (not included with jet kit, but needed)
    Float height = 14mm
    Needles - clip second slot down from top
    Last edited by Astro4x4; 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

I bought a set of #15 pilots as well. I was also waaay out in the A/F screw and was still getting popping. Hence the #15. I expect to install it this weekend.

Where did you get your pilot jets? I went down to the dealer and he had only three #15 so he had to order a whole set for me. It came by the end of the week. I've seen the same type in Parts Unlimited's Offroad catalog but I thought I'd see what the dealer could do.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Well I just found out something. When replaced the pilot jets today I was re-reading my Ivans jet kit instructions and he says the stock pilot jets are already supposed to be the 15 & not the 12.5 which is stock.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

maybe you could add some info to the carb tuning page in the wiki?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I thought the FP kit came with #15's
          I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
          sigpic

Comment

As I understand , the new 750 kits do, as far as I know the 600 kits were unchanged.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              maybe you could add some info to the carb tuning page in the wiki?
              Added my $.002
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I'll have to see what jets I get with a kit I bought from a bike store off ebay last week. It's new (hasn't been put on a bike), but I don't know how long it was sitting on a shelf somewhere. When did they change it, if anybody knows?
                sigpic

Comment

just got my kit for '00 600 and it did not come with #15's
                  where did u buy the #15's ?
                  Last edited by wired; 10-04-2010, 08:17 PM.
                  2000 Kat 600

Comment

Same question here but post 750. My kit didn't come with ANY PJ's. I did a search, but I don't know which #15s to buy. Is it the 22/210s ?
                    sigpic

Comment

talked to factory pro and they have the pilot jets but the tech told me to use the 12.5's that they recommend.
                      2000 Kat 600

Comment

Then why did they send some 15's out to another poster before? Sounds like they were spending too much money trying to send out the 15's after people called them and asked about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

they told me $5 each. guess that is to much. well i will do as they say and try with 12.5's and see how it runs.
                          2000 Kat 600

Comment

I'll be keeping my eye on this post for the updates.
                            sigpic

Comment

got the fp jet kit installed setup as fp recommends and runs good with the 12.5's
                              i did order the 15's but i am going to do some riding first before i install them.
                              i will stress the importance of the float height, i set the floats and checked them twice
                              and #1 cylinder was flooding out of the carb, took them apart and checked, float was off.
                              set and checked all. installed and #1 wouldnt fire. pulled them off again and checked, i went to far the other way. i set again this time checking the floats on each side, multiple times to make sure i got it right. and it now runs great. now the advancer
                              is next and on the way.
                              2000 Kat 600

Comment

Working...
                              X