X

no spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark

So I went to pull my bike in the garage yesterday to start checking the carbs and now have a different problem. Now I have no spark.
    It started yesterday, but died. I had to push it in the garage because it wouldn't start back up.
    I got all the plastics off it today and went to check spark. NONE.
    No spark at all from either coil. I doubt that both coils went at the same time, but I'm sure anything is possible, I am getting votage to both terminals on both coils. Im not sure where to start. I had to walk away or I was going to hurt the bike or myself.
    Anybody have any input?

check fuses and relays. if your getting power into coils and back out the connector on the other side then it might be a relay. Check conductivity to make sure no broken wires as well.

Comment

I checked all the fuses. What does the relay go to under the seat by the airbox?

Comment

i had a problem with mine where it would crank and crank and never hit. had intermittent spark. i ended up unplugging one of the connectors by the main fuse and replugging it and it fired right up. bought new coils and everything and still didnt get spark until i did this

its done it one more time in 6 months and i wiggled the plug and it fired right up.
        Originally posted by Slofuze:
        Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

The pres, (i know you have a post), are notorious for the fuse block blades where the fuses plug in corroding. There also was a ground wire coming off near the batter being corroded. It might give you some ideas, I think since your are getting voltage it probably is more likely a ground issue.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Yeah I agree with Kevin. Check all your grounds and take a thin piece of sand paper or emry board and clean up your connections and fuse block. Better to start cheap and simple. Then go from there.

Comment

So I figured out the no spark issue. I changed the plugs. It started right up.

Comment

Working...
              X