X

pre- 600 and 750 difference?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre- 600 and 750 difference?

Okay, so I have a pre 60 and a 750 and there seem to be some major differences. The handlbars are different for instance, but when I search on here I find posts that indicate that the bars are identical? I will try to get some pics up so I can illustrate the differences.

Are there are indicators that I could find to see if somebody has put a gsxr or similar front end on?

Are there siginificant geometry differences between the two? I know the tailsections are different and the engine cradles are slightly different but that is about all I know so far. thoughts?

thanks!

as far as i know the 750 bars a shorter than 600 and they have a riser that brings them up a few more inches..... tail sections yes different cosmetically but virtually the same..... the 750 i believe has a solid seat(both passenger and rider seat connected) so that makes the mounts for a 750 different.... but as far as i know there is not that big a of a difference... besides the obvious engine and handle bars they are really the same beast....
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

There's a lot of differences in the frame and suspension. Check pg 212-213 in the Haynes manual or spend some time with Google. The 750 sits a bit taller, steers a bit slower and is more stable than the 600. While many of the component parts are identical, the 600 was meant to be a general purpose, around town bike that would handle the highway. The 750 was meant as an entry level sport touring bike that was still easy to handle around town. They're both good bikes.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
      X