X

new katana rider HELP.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new katana rider HELP.....

just bought a brand new 06 katana about 2 or 3 years ago the other day i tried to start it and it starts but the engine wont turn over..... it only has 1700 miles on it and I've changed the plugs on it once already can anyone help me with this...any suggestions on what may be wrong with the bike... also i charged the battery on it but it just wont turn over where it will actually start....

may be time for a new battery.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

try changing the plugs and a good carb cleaning
      time to nut up or shut up
      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

would i need to take my whole bike apart too clean the carb....

Comment

you will have to take the fairing off and well just read this http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Carbs_101
          time to nut up or shut up
          Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
          The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by shoboiz View Post
            ... it starts but the engine wont turn over......
            Ummm... If it won't turn over then how does it start?
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I'm assuming there is confusion about the terms "turn over" and "start".
              It would have to "turn over" before it could "start".
              Starting implies that it runs, as in fuel and air mixture combustion causing the engine to "run". "Turn over" implies only that the starter motor is engaging and the engine crankshaft is rotating.

Comment

Yea, pretty confusing description. Is your battery dead?

Comment

If the battery doesn't have enough juice, it will turn over and not start. Had this problem when I first got my bike and left the lights on. It may be time for a new battery, or make sure you charge it completely.

Comment

Working...
                  X