X

Air Horn Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Horn Question

So I am at a bit of a loss on where to install this new Seibel air horn I purchased.

It won't fit where the OEM piece of crap is because its too big...so I took all my fairings off for the first time this weekend on my 2005 K600 and found that when I had it dealer serviced they forgot to replace all the bolts and plastic fasteners, but that's another story.

The best place I could figure out to put it is mounted to the forks in front of the oil cooler. I was thinking about using the fender mounts as a place to secure a custom bracket. Has anyone else installed this horn elsewhere, successfully?

Thanks,
    John

nope, I just used a 'freeway blaster' horn..bolts in place of the stock horn.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

do you have a link or contact for a reseller?

Comment

I mounted mine under the seat in the space between the battery and the wheel well

Comment

Originally posted by axelpkt View Post
          I mounted mine under the seat in the space between the battery and the wheel well

I trimmed the ends of the plastic of the horn to fit in there on my 04

Buddy had the Yamaha dealer install one on his bike but the stock bracket broke off from the weight and vibration
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by JPA View Post
            So I am at a bit of a loss on where to install this new Seibel air horn I purchased.
            Stebel perhaps?
            KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I hadn't thought about under the seat. Is it still quite loud? Did you "port" the cubby by drilling out a hole in the side? Aside from losing the storage, any negatives?

I will also try again to find a spot under the fairing by the lights, but I couldn't seem to find anyplace that didn't bind.

Thanks for the help guys. I really feel the stock horn is unsafe, at least I know they can see me now with the twin HIDs I just put in.

Regards,
              John

Comment

I put several hole threw the cubby , I did trim some of the plastic from the open end of the horns to be able to keep it up right like they instruct
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

After carefully looking at the space between the fairing and frame by the left turn signal I think I can fit it in there like the other gentlemen.

Now my question turns to how to mount it on the inside of the fairing? Is there a clean way to do this or trial and error? I am thinking about sticking my digital camera down there with it in place and shooting a bunch of shots to get me in the ball park.

I have all the electric up and running and man that sucker is loud. I am starting to feel good safety wise, HID, horn, and pulsing rear red l.e.d.s when I am on the brakes.

Thank for any input,
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X